Job Announcement: Director of Communications and Youth Activities
January 29th, 2020 by brahmanabba
American Brahman Breeders Association (ABBA) is seeking qualified candidates for the Director of Communications and Youth Activities position. The position shall be responsible for the conduct of all promotional programs engaged in by the ABBA and shall represent the Association at the direction of the Executive Vice President.
This position will be responsible for administrating the American Junior Brahman Association (AJBA) youth programs sponsored by the ABBA, coordinate and work closely with the ABBA communication and youth committees; and perform all other duties properly ordered by the Executive Vice President or the Board of Directors, which usually pertain to the position of Director of Communications & Youth Activities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the beef industry, communications and youth.
For more information, including a job description with a list of qualifications and the application process, please visit www.brahman.org or contact ABBA EVP Dr. Joe W. Mask at jwmask@ brahman.org or 713-349-0854. Applications are due February 21, 2020 and must include a cover letter and professional resume. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
Director of Communications and Youth Programs
- ABBA Newsletters
- Press releases
- All social media – posts, managing member communication, and reporting
- Manage and update website
- Coordinate and manage communication with PR company
- Manage all AJBA/ youth committee activities including All American, communication, AJBA directors, budgeting and expense management
- Attend ABBA shows and industry events as coordinated with EVP
- Other duties as assigned by EVP, Youth Committee and/or Communications Committee
- 1+ day(s) per week – help alleviate office work backlog by answering phones and help with transfer processing
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, ideally in ag communications, animal science, agriculture or agribusiness. An advanced degree is preferred, but not required.
- Livestock or purebred beef industry background is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priority projects quickly and efficiently under deadlines of a busy office.
- Strong computer skills including understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, email, and web browsing.
- Evidence of drive and initiative. Must be a self-starter
- Experience working with youth programs is preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate new ideas and opportunities for the association.
- Skilled communicator with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Travel will be required approximately 30% of the time, including weekends, to local, regional, national and international events. A valid passport is preferred.
The ABBA office is located at 3003 South Loop West, Suite 500 Houston, Texas 77054
Commensurate with skills and experience. A competitive benefit package is included.