2020 All American Update

April 17th, 2020 by brahmanabba

As many of us are well aware, the COVID-19 pandemic is one that is at the forefront of the news and our livelihoods. With cancellations or postponements of a multitude of events across the nation, we know that many of you are wondering where we stand on the 2020 All American Show that is scheduled to be in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on June 28th – July 4th.

We have been in constant contact with local and state officials in different states to discuss their thoughts on where our nation will be in the coming months in terms of mass social gatherings and events such as the All American. Our team understands that a lot of information about the future is still unknown and we are living day by day. That being said, please know that our first and primary concern is the health and safety of our exhibitors and their families. We will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any changes.

At this time, the ABBA Executive and Youth Committees have decided to postpone the 2020 All American to July 22-25, 2020 and move the location to Texarkana, Arkansas in hopes that the COVID-19 situation has subsided by then and mass gatherings are allowed by state and federal officials.

We understand the magnitude of a decision like postponing or canceling the All American and do not take it lightly. Please know that all decisions made are based on regulations put forth by the CDC and government officials and your safety is our main priority. Our team has been hard at work in determining different ways to carry out the All American in a way that is both financially feasible and safe for participants if the COVID-19 issue persists.

Please note the Entry Deadline for the 2020 All American has been moved back to June 1, 2020, and as reported in March, the Ownership Date is May 15th.

The 2021 All American Show will be held June 28- July 3, 2021, in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

If the need arises, you will be notified of any changes regarding the All American by the American Brahman Breeders Association and the American Junior Brahman Association via email blasts and Social Media Platforms.

We have received many questions in regards to packet distribution. That being said, the full All American packet will be distributed within the next couple of weeks. However, we will be distributing scholarship applications for graduating seniors in the coming days so be on the lookout for those in your email and social media.

If you have any questions regarding the All American or Senior Scholarship Applications, please reach out to our Director of Communications and Youth Activities, Morgan Thomas, at mthomas@brahman.org

As always, we encourage you to stay safe and practice social distancing. Use this time to clean up the barn, sharpen your showmanship skills, or work on your public speaking speech. We look forward to seeing everyone soon, God Bless!