Request for Resume for the position of Executive Vice President
February 14th, 2017 by brahmanabba
The American Brahman Breeders Association is a non-profit cattle registry association organized in Texas in 1924 with offices in Houston, Texas. American Brahman cattle are bovine specie Bos Indicus and as such play a unique role in the cattle industry in the United States and around the world.
The purpose of the organization is to record and maintain its Herd Books, to promote the use of American Brahman cattle both domestically and internationally, and to provide various services for its members. For more information visit the ABBA website: www.brahman.org
The Executive Vice President (EVP) shall be appointed by the Board of Directors as recommended by the Executive Committee. The EVP shall be the managing and administrative officer of the association. The EVP shall make all reports and statements required by laws of the United States and the State of Texas. The EVP shall be responsible to the Board of Directors for the proper conduct and operations of the affairs of the Association; shall be the corresponding officer of the Association; shall issue all notices of meetings and execute all orders of the Board of Directors concerning matters pertaining to the office of the EVP
Responsibilities and Duties:
The EVP primary role is one of leadership and the day-to-day operation of the Association. The candidate must show the ability to inspire and focus people toward accomplishing common goals and possess leadership skills evidenced by past roles and accomplishments.
The EVP will need to know and have a working knowledge of the livestock industry and the role of American Brahman cattle within the industry.
The EVP will need to know and understand modern registry and performance programs and all aspects of the recordation and management of such data involved.
The EVP will need and possess the ability to play an active role in the planning and execution of special activities such as Association Annual Meeting, Board of Director meetings, Membership Convention, educational activities, field days, etc.
The EVP will represent the ABBA in breed registry affairs, such as U.S. Beef Breeds Council, American Breeds Council, Beef Improvement Federation, etc.
• Oversee day to day operations
• Oversee finances, budgets, and investments
• Facilitate the ABBA standing committees including drafting and developing committee programs
• Serve as the point of contact for the breed improvement programs, F1 Certification Program, state and area promotional organizations, and technical information.
• Maintain contact with all sectors of the industry.
• Liaison with the 29 ABBA Approved Shows.
• Oversee the American Junior Brahman Association including its Board of Directors, meetings, the National Junior Brahman Show and various other activities.
Page two, Request for Resume
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in agriculture, business, or finance
• Must exhibit a strong personal and business integrity and a positive attitude while being mission driven and self directed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work quickly and accurately under deadlines in a busy office environment.
• Experience and success in project management and creativity
• Track record of managing projects to successful completion on time and on budget
• Creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize new ideas and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to reside within a reasonable commuting distance of ABBA office.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience as an administrator, exhibiting excellence in organizational management with the ability to lead staff, manage and develop team work as a way of accomplishing goals.
• Have some knowledge, appreciation, and experience in the livestock industry.
• Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
• Experience in youth development, working with young people or supporting youth organizations.
Travel Requirements: Travel will be necessary. Up to 20-30% of the time, including some weekends, and will include local, regional, national, and international travel.
Location: The offices of the Association are located in Houston, Texas, currently at 3003 South Loop West, Suite 520, Houston, TX 77054.
Time Frame: It would be desired that person to be employed could be notified by April 1, 2017.
Pay Basis: Remuneration will be commensurate with the knowledge, skills, and experience of the candidate and practical budget constraints of ABBA. Applicant should state a salary range that he/she would prefer. Group Health Insurance will be provided, a vacation policy is in place, from time to time ABBA makes contributions to an employee retirement fund usually based on EOY operating results.
Application: Please send Resume to include Background, Education, Job History and Personal References in sufficient detail to address items listed above. Send to Armelinda Ibarra, American Brahman Breeders Association, 3003 South Loop West, Suite 520, Houston, TX 77054 or email to email@example.com.